Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Sing You Home by Jodi Picoult

I read this over spring break and wasn't certain how I felt about the book. Initially, I wasn't liking the plot of the book, but as I continued reading I really started to like it. This definitely was not one of my favorite books, but I would recommend it.

The main character, Zoe, is a music therapist struggling to get pregnant with her husband of nine years. After two miscarriages and a baby born stillborn her husband has had enough and files for divorce. Zoe finds a new friend in Vanessa, a school counselor she has worked with before. Vanessa and Zoe's relationship blossoms and the two of them become a couple, eventually marrying in Massachusetts. Vanessa and Zoe decide to try and start a family with Zoe's remaining embryos. 
Meanwhile Zoe's ex-husband has found Jesus and become very religious. When he hears about Zoe becoming a lesbian and wanting to use the embryos he sues her for the rights. A trial ensues and the reader is left questioning who has the right to those embryos?

No comments:

Post a Comment