Wednesday, September 28, 2011

It's been a while

I had a busy summer spent teaching in the elementary school, traveling and lots of READING.
This Summer I read a variety of Young Adult Books and some Adult fiction.
Adult books
1. Fall of Giants by Ken Follett
This was a lengthy read ( almost 1000 pages) but I thoroughly enjoyed it. It takes place in Europe in the early 1900's as Europe prepares and experiences the first World War. It is the first book in a new trilogy.
2. The Midwives Confession by Diane Chamberlain
I have recently discovered Diane Chamberlain and I truly enjoy her books. This book was filled with secrets and twists leaving the reader wanting more.
3. Somebody Elses Daughter by Elizabeth Brundage was an intriguing story about keeping appearances up towards the public and the secrets we all keep.
4. Room  by Emma Donoghue I heard very mixed reviews about this book so I was hesitant to read it. The first few pages it was hard to get into but I stuck with it and LOVED this book.
5. The 19th Wife by David Ebershoff This was such an interesting story focusing on the early history of Mormonism and Polygamy Then and Now. I couldn't put this book down.

No comments:

Post a Comment