Monday, June 4, 2012

Insurgent by Veronica Roth

I went out and bought this book the day it came out from the book store. I displayed it on my desk for 2 weeks and the kids voraciously finished the follow up to Divergent. After all the kids read it, I took it home to read myself. I have to say, I didn't love this book. The book starts off directly after Divergent. However, there was no recap and I found myself asking who is Will, who is Peter? who is Marcus? It took about 50 pages for me to remember those characters but now 10 more characters had been introduced. I found this book to be choppy and filled with too many characters being introduced only to die a few pages later. I will finish up the series though. Once I have started I like to finish, but honestly was not impressed with this follow up. I have been a big champion for Divergent, but can not say the same for Insurgent.

No comments:

Post a Comment