Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Variant by Robison Wells

We read Variant for Book Club. I didn't know anything about this book when I selected it for Book Club but truly enjoyed the read. I thought it read very similar to the Maze Runner by James Dashner, which is funny considering Mr. Dashner wrote the review for this book. This is the first installment of a trilogy. Upon finishing the book I immediately went to Barnes and Noble to pick up the sequel for the Library. One of my book club students checked it out immediately. I hope to get a chance to read it over the summer.

Review
Benson Fisher thought that a scholarship to Maxfield Academy would be the ticket out of his dead-end life.
He was wrong.
Now he's trapped in a school that's surrounded by a razor-wire fence, where video cameras monitor his every move—and where breaking the rules equals death.
All Benson wants is to find a way out. But when he stumbles upon the real secret the school has been hiding, he realizes that escape may be impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment