Friday, April 11, 2014

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

Every once in a while you read a book that just makes you smile. Fangirl, is that book. Rainbow Rowell is a phenomenal author and I can't wait to read attachments now and anything else she will write in the future. I loved Eleanor and Park and I just loved loved loved Fangirl. Rowell captured what it is like to be a fan of a book and how you think and want for the characters in the book. A great author brings the characters off the page and into the readers life and heart and Rowell accomplished that. I read this book at the gym, at my desk, at the kitchen table, I couldn't stop reading and I would be lying if I said I didn't feel a little empty and sad not that I have finished the book. Two big thumbs way up. I am going to order more copies ASAP so everyone can read this book.

Amazon
At first glance Rainbow Rowell’s Fangirl has a lot in common with Eleanor & Park: idiosyncratic girl with troubled family meets good, normal boy and falls in love for the first time. But this is why Rowell is so talented--from the same basic ingredients she can create something new and special. In Fangirl, quirky introvert, Cath, is safe within the immensely popular Simon Snow (think Harry Potter) fan-fiction blog she writes with her twin sister, but college turns her life upside down, leaving her feeling like an awkward outsider. When she writes, Cath knows exactly what her characters should say to each other, but when it comes to forging real-life friendships, much less a romance, she hasn’t a clue. An immensely satisfying coming-of-age novel, Fangirl deftly captures the experience of discovering your true voice and clumsy, vulnerable, remarkable, first love

No comments:

Post a Comment