Tuesday, September 8, 2015

One Shot at Forever by Chris Ballard ( Abe Book)

I was not looking forward to this book about a small town baseball team. I found myself really enjoying the story and rooting for the team. I think a lot of students would enjoy this read, especially the baseball fans.

Amazon Summary
In 1971, a small-town high school baseball team from rural Illinois
playing with hand-me-down uniforms and peace signs on their hats
defied convention and the odds. Led by an English teacher with no
coaching experience, the Macon Ironmen emerged from a field of 370
teams to become the smallest school in modern Illinois history to make the
state final, a distinction that still stands. There, sporting long
hair, and warming up to Jesus Christ Superstar, the Ironmen would play
a dramatic game against a Chicago powerhouse that would change their
lives forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment