Thursday, September 15, 2016

Laughing at my nightmare by Shane Burcaw ( Abe Book)


I truly enjoyed this book. I found myself learning a lot about the daily life struggles of living with a disability. Shane is an amazing and impressive young man and I think everyone could learn to laugh with Shane.

Amazon Summary
With acerbic wit and a hilarious voice, Shane Burcaw's Laughing at My Nightmare describes the challenges he faces as a twenty-one-year-old with spinal muscular atrophy. From awkward handshakes to having a girlfriend and everything in between, Shane handles his situation with humor and a "you-only-live-once" perspective on life. While he does talk about everyday issues that are relatable to teens, he also offers an eye-opening perspective on what it is like to have a life threatening disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment