Monday, October 3, 2011

Love is the Higher Law by David Levithan (Abe Book)

I did not know what this book was about. If I had looked at the cover perhaps it wouldn't have come as a surprise that this book is about the effect 9/11 had on three teenagers living in New York during the attacks. The story follows three characters: Claire, Jasper and Peter. As the book started to detail the shock, surprise and horror of the first two plane crashes tears streamed down my face. Every person has a story about where they were and what they were doing. It was an interesting start to a book and I felt as if I was experiencing the shock and surprise with each character. The story unfolds and the characters lives become intertwined, forever changed because of the events of 9/11. This is a quick read as well as very realilistic. I would definitely recommend this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment